Saturday, August 30, 2008

Odds and Ends

I'm still here! I just haven't had too much to blog about. I'm still staying on track, every thing's going fine, and mentally I'm doing fine. I start school this Tuesday, and I'm going to be super busy. I'm taking 15 credit hours, and I'm also exchanging babysitting with a couple friends. Which basically means Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I'll be gone from 8 in the morning until 4:30 or 5, and then I'll still have dinner to make, homework to do, and of course spending time with my family. I'll have my daughter with me while I'm babysitting so the only time I won't be with her is while I'm in class. I also have class Tuesday and Thursday mornings but I can come home after that. I'm thinking since Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays I'll have more time, I'll purposely make big meals those days so we can have leftovers on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. And there's always crock pot meals which I love, especially soups. So needless to say, I'll be eating away from home 3 days a week. I will eat breakfast at home then just bring plenty of snacks (usually string cheese and fruit) and also pack a lunch (frozen meals, soup, leftovers). I'm definitely a snack girl, I usually have at least 3-4 snacks a day.

Can I just say I love Lean Cuisine's santa fe style rice and beans meal? It has no preservatives! Actually I think most of their meals don't now, which is such a huge plus for me. I always feel so guilty eating frozen meals but I love the variety you can have + no preparation.

The other thing I'm worried about this semester is finding time to exercise. I can always go for walks with my daughter, which will probably be what I do 50% of the time. I think my mom is going to watch her extra time one day a week so I can go to the gym. Then there's Saturdays and Sundays where I can go to the gym or do my workout video (The Biggest Loser one... I love it!) I haven't really exercised very much since I started ww, but I have definitely been more active. I've been going on walks with my friend and I think we've been doing about a mile and a half or two miles, I'm not sure. Last fall we would walk 3 miles and I really want to get back to that point.

On the weight loss front, I really have no clue how much (if any) I'll lose this week. I definitely feel like I'm getting smaller and my pants are getting a lot bigger on me. The other day I came in the house, and I walked across the room without pulling them up just to see what would happen and they fell all the way down to my ankles. Lol! Think I need to switch sizes? The thing is, I have a pair that is the next size down, but they are still a little too tight! I think I just need to wash the pair I wear now so they will shrink. The reason I don't know if the scale will show a loss is because I lost 11 pounds in the first two weeks and I think it would be almost unheard of to lose any more the third week. I keep trying to prepare myself for it... somehow I haven't weighed myself at all since my last weigh in. I am so proud of myself! I didn't do it last week either. I keep thinking it's like a good luck thing, if I don't weigh myself then maybe I'll lose weight. And I realize that makes no sense at all.

Oh and I know I said I was going to post my food journal daily but I just haven't gotten around to it. I still keep a food journal every day, I have them all since I've started ww. I like to look back on them for food ideas. I still have mine from January when I was on ww then too!

For some reason I can't wait for my mom to notice I've lost weight. I don't know why... it's just my next "goal" I guess. My 10% goal is 211 pounds, so that's my next weight loss goal. It's funny because when I did ww in January I started out at 211 lbs. I always think it's cool when you lose weight that you can "go back" in time and think, now I weigh what I weighed in November, now I weigh what I weighed in July, etc.

Well my daugher is napping and I need to clean! That burns calories right? ;)

No comments: