Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Chugging Along

A funny thing has happened this week. I think it started on Monday; my appetite has gone WAY DOWN. My first week on ww I was famished every two hours or so, no matter what I had eaten. Suddenly I'm forcing myself to even eat! Okay, maybe that's a little bit of a stretch, but my hunger has been cut in half at least. Not that I'm complaining, but it's so strange! How could my body adjust so fast? And for some reason when I'm hungry all the time I at least feel like I'm losing weight. Since I haven't been hungry, I'm afraid I'm not losing. We'll find out next Monday, if I can wait that long.

I've been wanting to post my food journal daily, but the past 3 days or so every time I thought about it I realized I hadn't made the best of choices so I was too "embarresed" to put it on here... stupid I know. So I'm going to try to do it no matter what. Here's todays:

Cereal 2 pts
Milk 1 pt
Subway 15 pts
Apple 1 pt
Chili 6 pts
Grapes 1 pt
Blueberries 1 pt
Sherbert 2 pts

29 pts total

I see a lot of problems with today. First of all, I hardly had any veggies (only what was on my sub- the chili didn't really have any!) Second of all, I try to drink at least 1 cup of milk a day. I would love to have more, but I never want to sacrifice the points. And I definitely did not need a foot long at Subway. I ate half of it at lunch time and half of it 2-3 hours later. Notice the sherbert on there? It's a rediscovered treat from my childhood. I literally haven't had it since I was a kid and my husband was telling me how it's naturally low in fat and calories- and it sure is! A half of a cup is just 2 points. Awesome "food find" as Roni calls them. And if you don't know who Roni is? Go to her site! Now! She is an incredible inspiration. Another thing I discovered, also from Roni, is this sweet treat:



It is surprisingly so good! I also bought the butter kind but haven't tried it yet. This also weighs in at 2 points. YUM.

Lastly, I will leave you with a quote from Roni:

"The successful people are the ones who don't let those weeks or days domino into months and years"

(talking about when you have bad eating days) So true! It's definitely something I need to remind myself of all the time.

No comments: