Monday, August 25, 2008

Holy Crap

This is unbelievable. This morning I weighed in at... 225 pounds... which means I lost 5 pounds! After losing 6 last week! This NEVER happens to me on ww, I usually have a smaller loss the 2nd week. I was in shock this morning. Especially because I wasn't hungry most of all last week and didn't make the best choices. Maybe I should make bad choices more often ;) Aaaaah I'm so excited and more motivated then ever! Victories will do that to you I guess.

Our anniversary is tomorrow (2 years) so I'm looking forward to a yummy guilt-free meal out using my flex points. Even if I literally lose 0 pounds this week, I almost won't care because I already lost 11 pounds the first 2 weeks! My last time on ww in January it took me a month and 4 days to lose 12!

I decided I'm not going to tell my mom that I've lost any weight. I think I mentioned I was doing ww again but I haven't said anything about it since then. It's a little game I'm playing to see how long it takes her to notice I've lost weight. I'm sure it will be at least 20 pounds, if not more, because I'm starting out so big.

It's so strange how much my confidence has gone up, even after only losing the initial 6 pounds. I kept expecting to see a thin person in the mirror, because I just felt so confident and happy, but then I'd realize I'm still fat. That's okay though, because I'm on my weigh down. Exactly 100 more pounds until my "goal" of 125. But I don't necessarily expect to get there. I'm just going to go where ww (and my body) takes me. If I get down to 140 and stop losing, I'll probably be okay with that. We'll see though, I really want the 130's! And I'm pretty short (5'4 or so) and I'm very small-boned so that's realistic I think.

This morning I made the best breakfast! Yet another idea from Roni- I made a packet of regular oatmeal, added 1/2 a cup of unsweetened applesauce, and 2 teaspoons of brown sugar. Yummm! It tasted like apple pie. And was perfect because I ate half and my 19 month old daughter ate the other half. I felt like it was super healthy. For some reason when I eat a whole packet of oatmeal I always feel extremely nauseous. I just feel like I'm so full I'm going to throw up, and I don't know why because it only has 100 calories. Weird I know. But half a packet seems to be perfect for both of us.

I'm going to try to go walking with my friend today, and if it doesn't work out I'm really going to try and go on my own. It's hard for me but I know I need to do activity! That's the hardest part about this journey so far. That and quitting Diet Coke! ;)

1 comment:

Roni said...

YAY Congrats! Keep that momentum you are doing GREAT!

oh! and glad you liked the oatmeal! :~)